Saturday, August 20, 2011

Costco in Sydney

Yep, American wholesale has arrived in Australia.  Like a Saturday in America, Costco was chock full of eager consumers all waiting to get the latest deals and bargains on food, supplies, household appliances, jewelry, everything.  Thankfully, I had my US Costco membership card handy which allowed Matt and I to bypass the crowds and enjoy a brief shopping adventure around the warehouse.  It was fairly identical to the American version with the exception of the alcohol which was locked off and stored in a separate location for access and pickup which I found odd, considering that's how the high end products like jewelry and electronics are stored in America.  Of course, we couldn't leave without having checked out the famous Costco cafe with its oversized pizzas and array of meal deals.  Dad was right--even a hot dog and Coke at Costco costs more in Australia!