Friday, October 14, 2011

Call from Phillip Island

(phone rings)

J: Hello?

(silence)

J: Hubby?

(silence)

J: Matt?

M: (laughter) Hi... (more laughter)

. . . 

M: Guess who I saw?

J: Simoncelli?

M: No.

J: Rossi?

M: No.

J: Oh I know...Daryl Beattie!

M: No.

J: Microphone head guy?

M: No.

J: Lorenzo!

M: No.

J: Oh...was it a rider?

M: No.

J: Oh...

M: I saw Lorenzo's mechanic with the shaved head and gotee and some of his other team mechanics.

J: Oh cool! Did you say hi?

M: No.

. . .

M: What are you doing?

J: Cutting brownies into squares... 

(chewing noises)

M: Hey, don't eat...it's late.

J: I'm not, I'm just tasting them to separate the good sections from the bad...

(laughs) 

J: Besides, I didn't have dinner and I only ate salad for lunch.

M: Ok. 

J: I made brownies so I could bring them to Mum's tomorrow so she can give them to Auntie Ellie to give to Soraya. 

M: You're good. What else?

J: Um...did a bit of laundry and started trying on a few outfits to figure out what to pack. Is it cold down there?

M: Yeah, it's pretty cold and gets a bit windy.

J: Oh so I definitely won't need to bring shorts...

M: Nah, it's pretty chilly.

J: Or my mini skirt...

(laughs)

M: Nah, you should bring something to cover up...actually Mark suggested it...

J: Hey? Suggested what?

M: He said, "You should tell Jos to cover up" and I said, "Yeah cuz there's perverts everywhere." 

(laughter)

J: Oh great...