Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday sports

Today is a big day for Aussies--it is the Grand Final game of rugby league! Not that I have a clue as to what that means since I don't ever watch it, but I'd say it's like the equivalent of the Superbowl.  But today  our house wasn't full of people gathering to watch the game.  We didn't have a big party, we didn't eat 7-layer bean dip with Doritos or eat hot dogs with potato chips. All of that rugby league excitement was superseded by the world's best motorbike riders competing in Japan!

So after a busy morning spent painting our new wooden storage boxes for the patio, Matt and I relaxed in front of the telly to watch our favourite riders from Moto2 and the MotoGP race for a podium spot at Motegi for the Grand Prix in Japan.

This is just one of the many things I love about my husband--while we have perfectly good couches, he'll park himself directly in front of the telly to soak in all the action, especially when Casey Stoner is leading the race!