Monday, November 28, 2011

Birthday Eve

Before the clock struck midnight on the 29th, Matt was playing EA Skate 3.  I found him editing his skater's hair colour and clothes so that they looked just like him.  He makes the character look so identical to him that even my sister Cat thought it really was Matt when she watched his skate montage.  Earlier in the day, I let him play "search!" which is a traditional Dayco family version of hot & cold.  He opened a few presents and then I let him save the last one to open on his actual birthday.  At midnight, we busted out the camera to take long exposure shots as we celebrated with balloons and sparklers on the patio.  We then learned that while matches from vintage matchboxes smell nice when you light them, their flames don't last long enough.  Overall, it was a fun and intimate birthday spectacular.

Matt opens one of his presents

Matt edits his character on EA Skate 3

Matt and the sparklers!




Matt and his present at midnight