Monday, September 10, 2012
Change
I just realized that this marriage blog isn't really about married life at all. It has slowly become a brief online photo album capturing the things we're doing. It's easy to share that sort of stuff. The events, the weekends, the trips, the holidays, the special occasions. But that's what mediums like Facebook and Twitter and are for. Not blogs. To me, it's more about capturing the unfamiliar. The moments that happen behind closed doors. The conversations and thoughts; the musings and secrets. It's like hosting a big reveal of the soul every day. That's what I want to happen in this space. I want others to know what married life really is like. In Australia. And if we ever happen to relocate to a different country, perhaps I'll have to change the subtitle. But this is where we are and where we live for now. And so, the details of our married life shall be revealed.