Tuesday, November 15, 2011
10.44PM
I'm on the couch researching images online for "packs of wild dogs eating." It's for the next story in the book I'm illustrating. Meanwhile Matt is rushing back and forth from the living room to the bedroom. He shuts off the lights in the bedroom and clicks on the flashlight in his hand. In his other hand he's holding a video camera. I don't wonder anymore. I can sense an experiment coming on. This is what life is like being married to a graphic designer. He comes back out, his eyes quickly searching for something specific--they lock onto the short pile of books on the coffee table. He grabs two. Back into the bedroom. Two minutes later, he's out again, but this time he beelines it to the kitchen. He grabs a tall glass and while walking back towards the dark bedroom, he says, "I'm good at making lens flares!"