Most nights just before falling asleep, Matt and I end up talking for ages and our conversation always ends up becoming a guessing game which we somehow end up playing until wee hours of the morning. Last night's topic was my friend's last name.
We'd been laughing and reminiscing about different episodes from the TV series Arrested Development and I asked him to guess which of my friends introduced me to that show. After about 15 guesses, he finally guessed Mike and Holly. Then he burst out:
"Holly Joy! See? I remember her name."
I was like, "Yeah, but it's not like you know all my other friends' middle names."
"But 'Holly Joy' just flows. Holly Joy...what's her last name? 'Something-head'?"
I giggled. "Yeah, you're close."
"Goodhead."
"No."
"Fairhead."
"No. Why does every night turn into midnight trivia?"
"I don't know, but I sooooo have this..."
"Newhead!"
"No."
"Happyhead!"
"No."
"It's definitely 'head'..."Godhead!"
"No, but you're getting closer."
"Trinityhead."
"No."
"Give me a hint."
"It's another name for the 10 commandments."
"Law...Lawhead! No way! She's a Lawhead!"
I burst out laughing at the sheer triumph in his voice. A calm silence filled the room and I assumed we were done with the conversation.
Then all of a sudden he said, "I like Doden."